Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned
- Cleans up worksite debris
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers.
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines.
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety.
- Able to read a tape measure.
- Capable of safely using hand and power tools.